The whole Holiday House radiates a relaxing ambience
The Holiday Villa perfectly sleeps up to four persons. Due to the sloping grounds it is not suited for children under the age of 12 years.
The modern architect designed Holiday Villa with its unique style and dreamlike infinity pool boosts with a climatically favored location.
It is located on a small ledge below the village and in all aspects represents the chill-out-feeling ‘Pura Vida’.
From there you enjoy a sensational panoramic view of the sea, the lovely coastal landscape and the impressive vegetation in the southern, western and northern part as well as on the mountains in the east. Beautiful landscaped, large and smaller palm trees and other tropical plants around the Holiday Villa are framing the outdoor area on many stone terraces. This natural ornaments add a special charm to the modern Holiday Villa.
Villa Pura Vida is located about 3km below the center of Puntagorda in a sole location nestled on a headland bordered by a canyon.
The last kilometers to the Holiday House you drive on a paved road. However, a rental-car is a must. You find shopping facilities and restaurants in the tranquil village of Puntagorda.
Immerse yourself into the PURA VIDA!
The Holiday Villa comprises two bedrooms, two ensuite bathrooms, a spacious, open split-level designed living/kitchen area, that enchants by its combination of pure elegance and inviting cosiness.
Puristic modern architecture deliberately is blended with Canary tradition. A predominate white color and gigantic large glass fronts allow that, when entering any room, your attention, is drawn to the natural spectacle of the sea and the horizon.
From each room of the Holiday Villa, even from the bathroom and the shower, you enjoy a marvelous panoramic view and sensational sunsets over the ocean all year-long!
The center of the architectural complex is the light-flooded designer kitchen with a cooking island and high-quality kitchen BOSCH appliances (fridge-freezer, oven and induction stove).
The very well-equipped kitchen invites for cooking and having a feast. There are also an espresso machine with a filter holder, a juicer, a wine/champagne bucket as well as beautiful wine, cognac and whisky glasses.
The cooking experience will be topped by the terrific view from the stove or bar to the vastness of the ocean.
The split-level designed living area and the gigantic panoramic windows allow you to enjoy an elevated and wide and open view.
The living area features a cosy sitting corner with a custom-made leather sofa with chaise longue, a liquor bar, a 55-inch-TV with Spanish and German channel, a wine rack and an elegant dining table with comfortable leather chairs.
No matter if you read, talk, watch TV, eat or enjoy a drink – from every corner you enjoy a dreamlike view of the pool deck and the magic landscape as well as the Atlantic Ocean.
The two bedrooms, each featuring an ensuite bathroom, are located in the left and right wing of the main complex.
Therefore, you enjoy plenty privacy and a private front terrace in each bedroom. In both rooms you enjoy a wonderful view from the bed of the sea. The high quality and customized massive wooden beds offer utmost sleeping comfort.
This is ensured by orthopedic nature rubber mattresses from a German manufactory that are anti-allergic and treated with Neem tree extract. Different pillows and bed sheets are made of anti-allergic silk and camel hair and the bed set is bio-certified.
We want you to also relax during your sleep!
Two custom-designed electronic controlled roof domes of rimmed roof windows offer a spectacular view of the star-studded sky of La Palma from inside the Holiday Villa. Those architectural unique interior dooms can be illuminated with white LED bands as well as different other colors.
Depending on your mood and activity, it offers just the perfect light condition. Various closets in the living-kitchen area as well as in the bedrooms and bathroom and also the beds are made of wood and are custom-made by a local carpenter.
The outdoor as well as the indoor furniture are of highest quality.
You find luxury chaises with 10 cm thick seat cushions and an excess of one meter, allowing you to fully relax.
A chill-out hanging chair for two persons invites to be used while reading, having conversations, dreaming and enjoying the sea view. A large wooden dining table with six chairs offers plenty of space for dining, also with friends. In the small open designed old Canary house, located on the lower terrace, you find a modern gas grill.
On this level you also find another dining area with a table. The old Canary house can also be used as a shady relaxing area that is also sheltered from the wind.
The skin-friendly saltwater infinity pool is electronically controlled and provides an ideal ph-value at any time.
The modern white infinity pool is very large and therefore perfectly suited for swimming.
It can be heated by means of a heating pump via a photo-voltaic system belonging to the villa. It therefore makes it easy to enjoy swimming. Although depending on weather conditions, we cannot guarantee ideal water temperature at any time.
The Holiday Villa expresses a high commitment to sustainability and environmental protection:
- A 7,6 kwp photo-voltaic system raises the bar of self-sufficiency almost to a hundred percent, while a reliable backup system takes care that there will no deficiencies in power supply.
- A filtration plant for potable water saves the troublesome dragging of water bottles and helps to avoid using plastic.
- The waste system in the kitchen allows a simple garbage separation (meanwhile also on La Palma it is taken proper care of waste separation and recycling).
- 2 bedrooms, each with a double bed (each 1,80 x 2,00m), satellite TV with electric extension in one bedroom, 2 orthopedic natural latex mattresses, suitable for allergy sufferers.
- living/dining area with designer leather couch with chaise longue, satellite TV with wide screen, Bose-Box
- WLAN internet access
- glass table with 6 leather chairs
- counter with two stools
- cooking island with Bosch kitchen appliances, 3-burner induction stove, oven, extendable extractor hood, Krups Espresso machine, Cafetera, toaster, fridge and separate freezer, electric milk frother, potable (filtered) water.
- 2 ensuite-bathrooms each with a shower and toilet
- hair dryer
- washing machine and dryer
- floor heating in all rooms
- intermediate cleaning after 7 days if preferred
- change of bed linen and towels after 7 days
- Gas grill (Camping Gaz)
- small grill house
- warm-water outdoor shower
- pool deck
- wooden dining table with 6 rattan chairs
- chillout hanging chairs
- 4 loungers with RELAX-cushions
- solar heated *infinity pool including saltwater treatment (10 x 2,7m), depth: 1,45m
- parking area
- panorama seaview
- planted terrace area
*The solar heating depends on the solar radiation, which is why reaching specific water temperatures cannot be guaranteed.
Service: the owners offer a shopping-service for buying select wines, tabacco and liquors. If you are interested, a form will be send to you.
- Bed linen and towels are available in the accommodation. Please bring your own beach towels.
- The accommodation is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Message from the owners
Villa Pura Vida – comfortable and sustainable
We follow the concept that luxury, modernity and comfort as well as a sustainable approach to the environment are very compatible.
Here are a few selected aspects of our environmental contribution:
- A 7.6 KWp photovoltaic system enables the generation of approx. 13,000 KWh of electricity over the entire year. The electricity generated is used to supply the house with electricity and, via a connected heat pump, for hot water, underfloor heating and pool heating. A reliable backup system ensures that there are no restrictions in the power supply. The photovoltaic system generates more electricity in total than is needed to supply the house, and the excess production is fed into the local grid, resulting in a negative carbon footprint from this point of view.
- We also use sensible ways to reduce electricity consumption, e.g. by using LED lighting in and around the house, as well as solar lights in the garden area and energy-efficient Bosch brand household appliances (min. A++).
- As a further contribution to the promotion of the ecosystem, we plant numerous aloe and cactus species on our 7-hectare finca area, which have a great benefit for people and the environment with low water requirements. We fertilise exclusively with environmentally friendly organic fertiliser (including horse manure and algae fertiliser).
- A drinking water filter system saves you the hassle of lugging water bottles and helps to avoid plastic, which also contributes to a sustainable approach to the environment.
- The pool has an automatic control system for PH measurement and salt electrolysis, which means that very little salt and chlorine is required for pool operation. This is not only kind to the skin, but also to the environment.
- We also pay attention to biological features and high quality in the house furnishings: orthopaedic mattresses made of natural rubber from the Lonsberg manufacture, bedding made of high-quality natural materials (silk and camel fluff hair), bed covers and towels comply with the Oeko-Tex standard, wall and wooden surfaces are painted with eco-compatible paints or oils.
- Wherever possible, biodegradable cleaning agents are used for house cleaning.
- As far as possible, we use recycled products such as kitchen rolls, napkins and toilet paper.
- The waste system in the kitchen makes it easy for you to separate your waste. Biodegradable rubbish bags, a bin for kitchen waste and a complete recycling system are provided to guests accompanied by simple instructions for use with location of the nearest recycling bins.
- Shopping and cooling bags are provided for guests to use for their purchases.
- Wherever possible, we buy food from organic and local producers. This also applies to fruit and wine, which we welcome our guests with.
- Our guests are welcome to harvest fruit for their own consumption from our organic finca, if available in season.
- All major walking and activity guides to the island of La Palma, as well as beach and pool towels, are available to guests in our house.